Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Moving up the tree and other stories

Story 1:

I was lounging at the bottom of my tree when I heard about the promotion. Now I watch my nephew's cherubic fists fight imaginary spectres and his sleepy, grey eyes, I feel proud.Maybe hanging on the branches is kinda better than sitting at the bottom of the trunk.

Story 2:

I feel angry and helpless with myself and the world. My arm is in an sling and I cannot get up without help. I am dependent on others and I feel frustrated.

Story 3:

Everything is an uproar. The well-oiled machine has been thrown off by the cog that has stopped working. The machine creaks and compains and bursts out in sporadic fits of anger.

Story 4:

The world is a headless chicken. I don't agree with those in charge and they ask me if I know English. Huh.

Story 5:

The world is old and cold and pretty. Leaves fall off the tall lime trees that line the road. There is nothing more tranquil, more beautiful. I'm at peace.

2 comments:

  1. Is it supposed to seem deep and multi-layered? :P
    If yes, it's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It addresses different issues in my life. All 'stories' are connected with different feelings and places. Even as I read the words, I remember those places and those exact sensations...

    ReplyDelete